The 38DL PLUS comes standard with many powerful but easy-to-use measurement features and a host of application-specific software options. Its sealed case is designed to meet IP67 requirements to withstand the rigors of very wet or dusty environments. The color transflective VGA display provides superior readability from bright sunlight to complete darkness. It features a simple, ergonomic keypad that can be operated with the left or right hand for easy access to all functions.
- Dual and single element transducer compatibility
- Wide thickness range: 0.08 mm (0.003 in.) to 635 mm (25 in.) depending on material and transducer selection
- Corrosion thickness gaging with dual element transducers
- THRU-COAT® and Echo-to-Echo measurements on painted and coated surfaces
- Internal Oxide/Scale software option
- Standard resolution of 0.01 mm or 0.001 in. for all transducers
- High Resolution software option of 0.001 mm or 0.0001 in. with single element transducers 2.25 MHz to 30 MHz
- Multilayer software option for measurements of up to four layers simultaneously
- High Penetration software option for attenuating materials such as fiberglass, rubber and thick casting
- Thickness, Velocity, and time-of-flight measurements
- Differential mode and Reduction Rate mode
- Time-based B-scan mode; 10,000 reviewable readings per scan
- Olympus High Dynamic Gain technology with digital filters
- V-Path Builder for custom V-path compensation
- Designed for EN15317
What Makes This Thickness Gauge Different From Others?The 38DL PLUS is designed to meet the challenges of demanding applications and built to withstand tough conditions in the field and on the production floor. Whether you work in very wet or dusty conditions, cold or hot climates, or bright or dark areas, the 38DL PLUS can handle any inspection job. Need an instrument tough enough to tolerate shocks, drops, and rough handling? The 38DL PLUS with its protective rubber boot and designed for IP67 rating is your answer.
Built for Tough Environments
- Compact, weighs only 0.814 kg (1.80 lb)
- Rugged, designed for IP67
- Explosive Atmosphere: Safe operation as defined by Class I, Division 2, Group D, as found in the National Fire Protection Association Code (NFPA 70), Article 500, and tested using MIL-STD-810F, Method 511.4, Procedure I.
- Shock tested using MIL-STD-810F, Method 516.5, Procedure I, 6 cycles each axis, 15 g, 11 msec Half sine.
- Vibration tested using MIL-STD-810F, Method 514.5, Procedure I, Annex C, Figure 6, general exposure: 1 hour each axis.
- Wide operating temperature range
- Protective rubber boot with gauge stand
- Color transflective VGA display with indoor and outdoor color settings for superior clarity
38-Link™ Wireless Communication AdaptorThe optional 38-Link wireless adaptor enables any existing 38DL PLUS thickness gauge to send and receive data using Bluetooth® or wireless LAN*.
The 38-Link adaptor provides three powerful wireless communication capabilities:
- Wireless communication to the Olympus Scientific Cloud™ (OSC) and the Inspection Project Manager (IPM) app, which allows you to more effectively manage your inspections and much more
- Bluetooth communication to the Olympus Link mobile app or other compatible third-party applications
- Bluetooth communication to the optional Link-Wedge software to directly send thickness readings into an active Windows® program on your Windows 10 PC
*Wireless LAN and Bluetooth dongle availability depends on your region. Contact your local Olympus sales representative for more information.
Data Logger and PC InterfaceThe 38DL PLUS has a full-featured internal bidirectional alphanumeric data logger that is designed to easily collect and transfer thickness readings and waveform data.
- Internal memory of 475,000 thickness readings or 20,000 waveforms with thickness readings
- 32 Character File name
- 20 Character ID# (TML#)
- 9 file formats: Incremental, Sequential, Sequential with custom point, 2-D Grid, 2-D Grid with custom point, 3-D Grid, 3-D custom, Boiler, and Manual
- The ability to store up to 4 comments (notes) per ID# (TML)
- Stores comments (notes) at an ID# or to a Range of ID#'s
- Internal and External MicroSD memory cards
- File copy with the ability to copy files between Internal/External MicroSD memory cards
- Standard USB and RS-232 communication
- Two-way transfer of both single and dual element transducer setups
- Onboard statistical report
- Onboard DB Grid View with three programmable colors
- GageView™ interface program can communicate with the 38DL PLUS using the USB, RS-232 ports, and can read and write to a MicroSD memory card.
- Direct export of internal files to MicroSD memory card in Excel compatible CSV (comma-separated values) format
- The GageView interface program, a Windows-based application, collects, creates, prints, and manages data from the 38DL PLUS.
- Creates datasets and surveys
- Stored data editing
- View dataset and survey files; including thickness readings, gauge setup values, and transducer setup values
- Download and upload thickness surveys to and from the gauges
- Export surveys to spreadsheets and other programs
- Collecting snapshot screens
- Printing reports such as Thickness, Setup Table, Statistics, and Color Grid
- Upgrading operating software
- Download and upload single and dual element transducer setup files
- B-scan review
Standard Package38DL PLUS digital ultrasonic thickness gauge, AC or battery, 50 Hz to 60 Hz
Kits available with standard dual element transducers
- Charger/AC adapter (100 VAC, 115 VAC, 230 VAC)
- Internal data logger
- GageView interface program
- Test block and couplant
- USB cable
- Rubber protective boot with gauge stand and neck strap
- User's manual
- Two-year limited warranty