Standard features include Automatic Probe Recognition to ensure optimal transducer performance, Auto Zero compensation to enhance the accuracy of measurements on hot surfaces, Gain Adjust to improve measurements on sound-attenuating materials such as cast metals, Differential mode, Hi-Low Alarm settings, and a Min./Max. mode that captures the minimum or maximum thickness at 20 measurements per second.
The 27MG is designed for inspectors and maintenance engineers that need to monitor the wall thickness in metal pipes, tanks, beams, and structural supports that are susceptible to corrosion on the inside surface. An ultrasonic thickness gauge provides a quick, cost-effective solution by transmitting sound into the material from the outside, making it unnecessary to damage the part.
TransducersThe 27MG comes standard with the low-cost D7910 dual element transducer that enables you to make thickness measurement for many basic corrosion applications. For measurements on very thin or thick materials, or small diameter pipes, Olympus has available a full line of dual element transducers. Olympus transducers compatible with the 27MG feature Automatic Probe Recognition that optimizes transducer performance by automatically recalling the default V-path correction.
- 27MG digital ultrasonic thickness gauge
- Dual element transducer
- AA alkaline batteries
- Test block and couplant
- Carrying case
- Wrist strap
- User’s manual on CD
- Getting started Guide
- Measurement features: Min./Max. mode, Differential mode, Gain Adjust Freeze mode, Automatic Probe Recognition, Zero Compensation
- Standard inclusions may vary depending on your location. Contact your local distributor.
- 2214E (U8880014): 5-step test block, English units
- 2214M (U8880016): 5-step test block, metric units
- 27MG/RPC (U8780343): Protective rubber boot with Neck Strap and Gauge Stand